Private Subconscious-mind Healing
● A genuine interest in helping people to help themselves
This course is specifically designed for people who have a genuine interest in becoming effective, professional 'people helpers'. It is not a 'self help' course and it is not for those with only a 'passing' or 'self interest'. It is explicitly designed as a 'vocational training program'. Our aim is to teach you what is necessary to establish yourself in a new and rewarding career in a very important and expanding area of health care.
● A willingness to complete an intensive course of formal study
Successful completion of the program requires a dedicated commitment. In addition to the time spent attending the four training modules, there are written home assignments to complete and home (or clinic) practise to be carried out. For those with a genuine keenness and interest, it is not an onerous task. It does however, require a true drive to work hard and a genuine desire to be good at what you do.
● Adequate literacy skills and academic ability to successfully complete the required training program
There is a considerable amount of reading and written work involved in the home assignments and the theoretical, assessment sections of the program. Everyone is considered on a case by case basis and extra support and backup is offered in cases where a genuinely keen student may otherwise struggle. If you are drawn to this work and think the academic requirements may be beyond you, you should speak with us. See our contact details in the menu above.
● An acceptance of the need for a purity of therapeutic approach
We do not expect students to abandon other modalities or methods they may currently utilise. However, when P.S.H. is indicated and used correctly, it is always important to use it on its own, in any given therapeutic intervention. P.S.H. does not lend itself to 'mixing and matching' with other techniques. For these reasons, the current, official P.S.H. therapy model is never advertised or used with, or alongside any other therapy method. P.S.H. truly stands alone in the field.
● A commitment to undertake post graduate development
Graduates are encouraged to join the Australasian Subconscious-mind Therapists' Association (ASTA). Membership of the Association requires continuing self-development and professional education, in the form of workshops, seminars and appropriate external education programs.
● A genuine undertaking to complete the program with the express intention of working professionally as a Registered P.S.H. therapist
Intending students should be prepared to give their best efforts and have a genuine desire to attend and complete all training modules and required course work. Although the school cannot force participants to work professionally with P.S.H., the entire program is structured with this goal in mind. Those who demonstrate a genuine initiative and enthusiasm, receive all the support and assistance necessary to successfully complete the program and become professional practitioners. The curriculum assumes students have no prior knowledge of, or experience in therapy of any kind.
The I.C.S.T.R. (Qld) P.S.H. Practitioner Training Program consists of four, 7-day training modules and is conducted over a period of approximately 12 months. When numbers are sufficient, the school conducts two courses each year, starting approximately, FEB/MARCH and JUNE/JULY. All modules must be attended - 'distance' learning is not available due to the practical nature of the program. UPDATE: Due to current restrictions, I.C.S.T.R. (Aust) is currently conducting part of the course via Zoom.
Class size is strictly limited.
• Academic Structure:
● Demonstrations and lectures
● Audio and video presentations
● Slideshow presentations
● Written assignments
● Practical work and 'mini' assessments in class
● Home study (reading - written work - research)
● Assignment presentations in class
● Home (or clinic) practical work
● MODULE ONE includes:
● Introduction to subconscious-mind therapy
● Special language patterns used in subconscious-mind therapy
● Physical and emotional symptomatology
● Definitions and contemporary understandings
● Inherent subconscious resources
● Normal and abnormal psychological dynamics
● Terminology used in subconscious-mind therapy
● Essentials of psychopharmacology (modern drugs and their uses, benefits, limitations, side-effects, etc)
● Practical application of therapy techniques to start working with clients
● Getting started with 'simple' therapy methods
● When to use and when NOT to use subconscious-mind therapy
● Introduction to P.S.H. therapy parameters (and much more)
● MODULE TWO includes:
● Revision of all previous work (theory and practical)
● 'Mini assessments' and discussions of previous work
● Presentation of assignments
● Descriptions / definitions / principles of the P.S.H. model
● The 'privacy factor' in P.S.H. therapy
● The P.S.H. model of therapy
● The 'emotional/feeling memory' - what it is - (and how to utilise it successfully in modern therapy)
● Resolving problems at the subconscious level
● A brief historical perspective
● Contraindications - when P.S.H. is not used (and more)
● MODULE THREE includes:
● Further revision/discussions/'mini assessments' of all previous work
● Practical exercises to ensure confidence in the professional application of techniques
● Presentation of assignments
● Advanced techniques of P.S.H. and other relevant therapy methods - comparisons, understanding etc.
● 'Putting it all Together' and feeling confident about it
● 'Dry run' practise for the final practical assessment in module four
● Requirements for setting up a professional P.S.H. practice - premises, advertising, referrals, insurance, etc. (the 'business' side of it - and more)
● MODULE FOUR includes:
● Comprehensive revision of all previous work
● Class practise of all techniques and therapy methods
● Full scale problem clinics
● Presentation of major assignment
● Assessment of all course work for completion
Our students are carefully supervised and assisted through every phase of their training. They receive a thorough and carefully integrated combination of theoretical understanding and practical experience, throughout the course. An emphasis on the practical application of techniques during training, ensures a feeling of confidence when using the methods in a professional capacity. Due to the practical nature of this training program, it cannot usually be studied through 'distance learning', correspondence or any other external means. All students are required to attend the training modules. - UPDATE: Due to current restrictions, I.C.S.T.R. (Aust) is now conducting part of the course via Zoom.
Students who complete the full course are required to participate in the client-based, clinical outcomes-monitoring program, to ensure the highest possible standards and to provide useful and constructive feedback. This special program was initiated in Australia by the forerunner of this program. Following graduation, trainees continue to receive ongoing back up and support from the Directors of the school for as long as they find it helpful.
In addition to this, a program of continuing professional development is available to all graduates who become Members of the Australasian Subconscious-mind Therapists' Association (ASTA).
|Download your Course Outline >|
Our Course Outline is presented in considerable detail, (more than 20 pages).
Using the link above, you can either view the content online (it will open in a new window with its own navigation menu), or you can download the program (recommended) and save it to read at your leisure. The file size is approximately 1.5MB in PDF format.
● We suggest you download the Course Outline and take your time reading through all the
information. If you have any unanswered questions, please contact us for assistance.
|Download your Application Package >|
All applications for this training program must be made on the application form, obtained by contacting the school or by downloading the Application Package on the link above on this website, or from the I.C.S.T.R. (Aust) website.
Please note that not all applications are necessarily accepted. Apart from the limitation of available places, the school has to be satisfied that applicants' intentions and ability to learn and apply the work, meet professional requirements. (If your application is not accepted you receive a full and immediate refund of any deposit or fees paid.)
Our Application/Registration package includes the application form, module calendar, fee schedule, venue details and other relevant information for the course you nominate.
Applicants are required to supply the names of two referees over the age of 18 years, who support their application and whom we may contact.
● It costs nothing to download the Application Package and there
is no obligation to proceed if you decide not to go ahead.